Tax and Accounting Resources

Demand to File Notice from the CRA

If you receive this notice you are compelled by law to file. There is no way around this. There are situations where people fail to file for a number of years and a number of reasons. This is when these notices come. The CRA will ask for specific periods of unpaid tax returns that need reconciling on their books.

Having a professional accountant handle this for you is always in your best interest. This is because of the changing tax laws and their ability to get it right the first time. Specifically, if there is some level of complexity with your unpaid taxes because of bankruptcy, a failed business, or an estate settlement.