Position: Senior Bookkeeper – Work Remotely!
Looking For Fulfilling Work With An Incredible Team?
The Best Work Environment You’ve Ever Had —
We’re Hiring; Are You Applying?
Why work with Envolta:
Straight from our team members…
- “Because it’s awesome! It combines the freedom, reward, fulfilment, and financial benefits with the joy of working with talented, compassionate, and all-around good people who are changing the financial space one client and service at a time.”
- “>99 of the perks, <1of the BS!”
- “It’s the best job and ‘easiest to get along with’ boss I’ve ever had!”
You’re looking for work with people like us:
- Smart professionals who know their work matters but keep it real when it comes to balancing life and work
- Low drama, high results, and talented in our areas of expertise
- We embrace growth and excellence, and support each other in our goals
You want a “big break” that will jumpstart your career, and you’re eager to make great money while maintaining a flexible lifestyle.
- Full Time (40 hours/week Monday to Friday)
- Work remotely – optional
*We’re looking to develop a LONG-TERM partnership with a minimum one-year contract.
Does this sound like you?
- Good communicator (Bilingual an asset)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with the highest quality standards
- Strong Organizer
- Problem solver
- Critical Observer
- Strategic thinker
- Can act with authority and leadership
- Detail oriented
- Appreciate and welcome constructive feedback
Do you understand and have experience in the following:
- QuickBooks Advanced Accreditation
- Post Secondary courses in Accounting/Bookkeeping
- College/University Degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient in use of accounting software, integrated programs and online Banking
- Demonstrated superior time management and problem solving skills
- Experience in a variety of industries and public practice situations
- 3+ years experience in full cycle bookkeeping
- Tech Savvy
Here are some sample tasks…
- Support bookkeepers
- Assign new clients to bookkeepers
- Complete appropriate team lead tab of Quality Checklist for bookkeepers
- Create / Assign / update work and tasks
- Conduct / follow up on staff training
- Conduct random quality checks
- Send quality files to outside accounting firms for year-end prep
- Report as required by the client while maintaining company standards
- Responsible for corporate tax preparation, as needed
- Responsible for full prep / final review of personal taxes, as needed
- Other tasks as assigned by Operations Manager
If this sounds like you, here’s how to apply…
Simply send us an email answering the following questions including your resume:
- Where did you hear about this role?
- Where do you live?
- What interests you about this position?
- What’s your current work position, and what you do currently?
- How comfortable are you with change?
- On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest), how much are you looking for something long-term?
- Give a brief description of your book keeping background/experience?
- What salary range are you looking for?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What are two shortcomings or weaknesses that could take away from your work with Envolta?
- Rate yourself from 1 to 10 on the following softwares, 1 – you’re terrible, 10 – you’re amazing.
- Quickbooks online
- Please send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org and if this looks like a match for someone you know, send them to this page.
ENVOLTA Inc is a locally owned and operated Accounting firm serving Ottawa, Nepean, Orleans, Kanata and the surrounding communities. Our goal is to ensure that we provide effective professional and personal accounting services by targeting solutions for the daily financial management needs of our customers. We strive to build long term cohesive relationships, which means as a customer, you can depend on our expertise to help identify new opportunities and solve potential issues.
With our combined experience, our team prides itself on identifying and targeting high value and cost effective solutions that keep your daily financial management needs focused on your business or personal lives. The team at ENVOLTA Inc is dedicated to delivering timely advice that helps keep your finances on track. This translates to keeping our clients’ interests first.