Position: Staff Accountant
Looking For Fulfilling Work With An Incredible Team?
The Best Work Environment You’ve Ever Had —
We’re Hiring; Are You Applying?
Why work with Envolta:
Straight from our team members…
- “Because it’s awesome! It combines the freedom, reward, fulfillment, and financial benefits with the joy of working with talented, compassionate, and all-around good people who are changing the financial space one client and service at a time.”
- “>99% of the perks, <1% of the BS!”
- “It’s the best job and ‘easiest to get along with’ boss I’ve ever had!”
You’re wanting to work with people like us:
- Smart professionals who know their work matters but keep it real when it comes to balancing life and work
- Low drama, high results, and talented in our areas of expertise
- We embrace growth and excellence, and support each other in our goals
- We stay flexible, working from anywhere while staying connected and productive as a team
You want a “big break” that will jump start your career, and you’re eager to make great money while maintaining a flexible lifestyle.
Here’s what the job involves:
In this Full Time 40 hours/week role, you can work from anywhere — wherever it is that you feel happiest & most productive. You’ll be working on full cycle bookkeeping using the most progressive accounting apps on the market so that you aren’t spending your day bogged down by endless admin.
You will take ownership over your tasks and staying updated on client files, all working as part of an amazing team that will continually support and challenge you to grow and develop into the roles you are most interested in.
Does this sound like you?
- Good communicator (Bilingual an asset): You’re comfortable speaking with people, asking questions, and are diligent in making sure your team is kept in the loop.
- Problem solver: You love solving puzzles and know when to choose between challenging yourself to figure something out, and reaching out to seek direction.
- Critical Observer: You take time to understand the full picture before diving into the work and consider all of the details before passing your work onward.
- Strategic thinker: You see the bigger picture and take ownership over your role, finding ways to improve inefficiencies and offer suggestions.
- Positive Growth Mindset: You appreciate and welcome constructive feedback, are ready to be challenged and believe adaptability is the key to growth.
Do you understand and have experience in the following:
- QuickBooks Advanced Accreditation
- Post Secondary courses in Accounting/Bookkeeping
- Proficient use of accounting software, integrated programs and online Banking
- Experience in a variety of industries and public practice situations
- 1+ years experience in full cycle bookkeeping
- Tech Savvy
Here are some sample tasks…
- Full cycle accounting for regular clients as assigned by Manager
- Will complete full cycle accounting to Accounting Checklist tab of QC
- Report status of work to manager daily
- Contacting the client for relevant information
- Responsible for maintaining electronic document storage
- Data management, uploading documents, reconciliations
Our hiring process:
Following a successful review of application, we’ll invite you to a 15-min zoom call so we can get to know you a little bit. If we feel like you’ll be a culture fit, you’ll be asked to submit a quick 1-2 minute skill testing video submission, followed by a final interview with a member of our SR level management team at which point you will be briefed on our decision-making timeline.
Applicants must provide the following equipment:
- Laptop/Desktop (w/ webcam)
- Second screen
- Strong internet connection
Ready to apply for this role?
If this opportunity sounds perfect for someone you know please share this page!
ENVOLTA Inc is a locally owned and operated Accounting firm serving Ottawa, Nepean, Orleans, Kanata and the surrounding communities. Our goal is to ensure that we provide effective professional and personal accounting services by targeting solutions for the daily financial management needs of our customers. We strive to build long term cohesive relationships, which means as a customer, you can depend on our expertise to help identify new opportunities and solve potential issues.
With our combined experience, our team prides itself on identifying and targeting high value and cost effective solutions that keep your daily financial management needs focused on your business or personal lives. The team at ENVOLTA Inc is dedicated to delivering timely advice that helps keep your finances on track. This translates to keeping our clients’ interests first.